The second in the series of EuroTier China animal farming webinars the Global Poultry Summit Webinar was concluded on Monday 25May 2020 and was attended by 130 professionals from 30 countries such as Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, China, Malaysia, India, the United States of America and many more.
The webinar featured industry reviews from Germany, Russia, China and Thailand.
- Biggest poultry meat producers are US, China, Brazil and EU, Thailand is currently at the 10th position. Whereas the biggest importers of Poultry meat are EU followed by Japan and China and the biggest exporters are Brazil, US and EU, Thailand is ranked at 4th
- Russia is currently ranked 5th in leading poultry producers and 11th among the world’s leading poultry exporters. During Covid19 poultry meat exporters in Russia were faced with several challenge such as container seaports being closed, some ships had to be diverted via other countries lack of proved and complex information about crossing points at the border and the different entries. Further they are still faced by a default of freezing infrastructure, especially at the veterinary checkpoints and by a lack of a clear procedure when crossing the borders.
- Higher awareness of biosecurity measures is crucial to achieving a high standard of poultry quality. In order to maintain high standards of biosecurity on the farm it is critical to have good working conditions for staff along with clear fencing of areas and restricted access from outside entities.
- In China animal welfare becomes more and more relevant in the poultry industry as international trade is developing. Consumers are demanding for better taste, more nutritional value, health and convenience. Leading to a change in the industry characterized by modernization and consolidation.
- Regulations in the EU poultry industry plays a leading role in production and farm management considerations such as the regulation introduced in 2019 by the European Medicines Agency an EU wide categorization of antibiotics according to their ability to induce or to spread resistance.
9:30 – 9:35 Welcome Speech
Bernd Koch, Managing Director, DLG International GmbH
9:35 – 9:50 Biosecurity at Farm Level
Stefan Teepker, Chairman of German Broiler Farmers Organisation & Poultry Farmer
9:50 – 10:05 Antibiotic reduction in Poultry Production
Dr. Ronald Günther, Poultry Specialist and Consultant at HEIDEMARK (German turkey integration)
10:05 – 10:20 Status, Challenges and Trends of China's white feather broiler industry
HUANG Jianming, Secretary General, China Broiler Alliance
10:20 – 10:35 Russia as a poultry meat exporter
Herr Sergey Lakhtyukhov, General Director, Poultry Union Russia
10:35 – 10: 50 Poultry industry review of Thailand
Dr. Kanyarat Chamraswimonrat, Professional Veterinary, Department of Livestock Development, Ministry of Agriculture, Thailand
10:50 - 11:30 Discussion